The Night I Wish to Forget

I was sending a postcard to my ex-girlfriend where she was 'stolen' by another guy, and here it goes....


Upon seeing this picture,
it reminds me of one night,
a night full of hatred,
a night full of deception,
a night I wish to forget;
A reminiscence of a tragedy.

It was warm and yet breezy,
the sky was clear,
moon shining bright with stars gleaming,
high above the solemn space.

I saw you,
far away from me,
lying in his warmth,
dancing in the moonlit night,
forgetting me and our moments together,
for the new guy.

I tried to call you,
screaming out loud inside my heart,
but you never listen anymore,
you're too far away,
in a joyful treason.

Then I danced alone,
feeling betrayed,
and misery became my partner,
as that sorrowful night crawling away,
and then I am gone,
away from a broken dream,
from the night that I wish to forget, forever. 


No comments: