I Used To Read Books..

Long time ago, not quite long actually, when I was in school, I really love to read books and novels. I started to love reading when I was in the kindergarten when my parents bought me lots and lots of interesting books and one giant map book that I still keep till now. After that, whenever I go with my parents, I will always ask for something to read. 

When I was a kid, the famous books that time would be the 'Kawan' comic cum magazine and some comics such as Doraemon and Dragonball. When I was a bit older, I changed my interest to something serial such as investigation novels, the famous Enid Blyton's series and many more. I also love to check on encyclopedias, and lots of information books like books about facts, laws, science, histories, places, technologies and so on.. Math books would never be interesting to me until now because I really don't like Maths. 

During my secondary school years, I became a librarian together with my good friend back then, Safwan and we were the only male librarians available. I like to be on duty at the library so much that I always spend my time there whenever I got free times. Everyday after school, I would go and buy lunch and rush to the library to discover new things there. I believe that there are so many secrets that I can find in the library and I learn new things everyday. There are certain 
books that I like to read so much that I hide them under the library counter so that I can read them without having to look for them anywhere. I was really fond of books that can give me lots of knowledges and new experiences.

After I got an offer to study in MARA Junior Science College Serting in Negeri
Sembilan, I started visiting the library and started liking novel series again and my favourite novels that time would be Nancy Drews and The Hardy Boys. Those novels were kind of famous at that time and I read almost all of the books but there were some of the books missing or not available which I felt kind of sorry to miss it. At that time, the Ministry of Education introduced the NILAM reading campaign and as a constant reader, I was enlisted as the top borrower of the library and the reader who read so many books with lots of pages (thick books). However, before they pronounced me as the winner, I had to move to other school because of certain cases that I faced there. 

When I finished school, I stopped reading for pleasure. I kind of stop everything. I stopped reading newspapers, magazines, comics and other books. I only read because I was ordered to or have to read. I don't know why I have lost that valuable interest. But I apprepciate my experiences so much for with my readings before, I am knowledgeable like today. I'm not stupid, I just don't read anymore. 


No comments: